Curly Girl: The BasicsHere are the basic rules of the Curly Girl method: • No shampoos with sulphates in • No heat treatments or styling equipment • No brushes or fine combs • No styling products with silicon in • No alcohol-based treatments or products
Curly Girl Method: Step by StepIt might seem drastic to suddenly stop using shampoo, or to not brush your hair! However, our step by step guide to incorporating the Curly Girl method into your daily beauty routine will help you make sense of it all.
1. Wash Your HairWhilst following the Curly Girl method, you should only wash your hair once a week, unless there’s a desperate need. Before you get started on the Curly Girl method, give your hair one final wash in whatever shampoo you’ve been using. This will ensure any traces of silicon or other nasties are totally gone from your hair. Once you’ve had this final wash, throw your shampoo out! There, wasn’t that liberating? You are now well on your way to healthy, luscious, curly hair.
2. Condition Your HairAlthough shampoo is a no-no, conditioner actually really helps your curls. Wet your hair and work a moisturising conditioner into your scalp. Use your fingertips to really massage it in. This helps dislodge any dead skin and hairs, plus any dust and dirt. Rinse really well, massaging all the while. Leave in conditioners are fine, but rinse thoroughly first to get rid of dirt. Then apply the silicon-free conditioner.
3. Dry Your HairDo not blow dry! Heat is the enemy of curls, and a friend to frizz. If you need to detangle, do it with a wide tooth comb while hair is still wet. This helps to avoid broken hair. Then pat or scrunch dry, or if you have time, simply air dry. For longer hair, “plop” your hair into a towel or old t-shirt and clip it so the hair is completely covered. Leave for 15 minutes or so, and your hair will be nicely scrunched and touch dry.
4. Style Your HairIf you are planning to use a product, make sure it has absolutely no silicon in. See below for a list of ingredients that help nourish your hair. You can apply gels and mousses while hair is still wet but if you decide to do this, air-drying afterwards is a must. If you’re going product free, simply flipping your hair forwards and backwards should be enough to bring your curls to life. Style anyway you like, as long as there’s no heat involved.
5. Trim Hair RegularlyThe Curly Girl book details how to trim your hair yourself. If you’re not ready for that step, speak to your hairdresser about only taking off the split ends as and when necessary. This helps keep curls tidy and looking healthy.
Ingredients That Work With Curly Girl• Proteins including soy, wheat and wheat germ • Panthenol • Sorbitol • Vegetable Glycerine • PVP and PVP/VA, ingredients found in some styling products • Amino acids • Aloe Vera • Shea Butter • Olive oil • Decyl polyglucose • Cocamidopropyl betaine
You Don’t Quite Have To Throw Out All Your Products!In fact, many of them will be great for replenishing and rejuvenating your curly hair. Stay away from heated styling and over-brushing and really, anything that can damage and break your hair. Keep hair nicely moisturised, and don’t get tempted back by nice-smelling shampoos.
The Basic Facts About Lash LiftsThe ease and relative longevity of a lash lift makes this beauty procedure quite attractive. As its name suggests, it is essentially a tune-up of your god-given eyelashes in order to take them to the next level. The effect usually holds for up to six weeks, making it a clear winner in the return-on-investment department of beauty treatments. While the process itself is painless and smooth, there are a few things to keep in mind in order to achieve the best results. https://www.instagram.com/p/BxsIlJqlesO/
Before Your ApointmentSince lash lifts involve the use of several cosmetic products on a rather sensitive area of your skin, it is important to test them first. To do that, you’ll need to pop into the salon a day or two before the appointment, collect samples from all the products your beautician will be using, and do a quick skin patch test. If you do not notice any irritation, you are ready to go. Image source
At The SalonOnce you make your way to the salon for your appointment, your beautician will first interview you briefly. Since lash lifts involve cosmetic products and manual work on your skin, you should reveal any relevant medical conditions upfront. Once that is done, you will lay down comfortably and prepare for 45 minutes of rest while the beautician works the lash lift magic.
View this post on Instagram
Goodness! This lash lift by @paulaxkavanagh.mua is beautiful! 💖🙌🏼💖 .⠀ #salongoals #makeupdoneright #beautytreatments #salonmakeup #makeup-advice #weddinghairandmakeupartist #lashes #lashlift #lashlifting #lashliftandtint #beautytreatments #makeupartistworld #makeupdiaries #makeupquotes #professionalhair #salonstyle #salonservices #hairstyleideas #newhaircolour #haircolouring #beautytime #beautysecret #beautyinspo #beautyinspiration #makeupfun #eyelashes #eyelashextensions #volumelashes #lashextensions #lashesonfleek