For some, they’ve had what hairstyle they want to wear for their wedding nailed down since they were ten years old. But not everyone is that organised. We also constantly change our minds about what we want for our big day! We’re allowed to, we are the bride after all. Cue all of us indecisive brides endlessly scrolling through wedding hair ideas for inspiration. Picking the perfect ‘do for the big day can be overwhelming. You want to make sure it’s just right, matches your wedding, is totally you and makes you feel comfortable. That’s why we’ve put together ten perfect styles for every type of bride. There’s something for everyone, from sleek updos to beautiful waves.
Have you ever thought about booking a massage, and looking at all of the massage styles that are available to you has left you somewhat confused? We’ve all been there. Unless you’re a regular when it comes to massages, it can be hard to know which one to choose.
Massage Styles ExplainedThe art of massage is the practice of rubbing and kneading the body using the hands. There are many varieties of massage that focus on different parts of the body. So during a massage you can expect to experience a massage therapist applying gentle or strong pressure. This pressure to your muscles or joints helps to ease pain and tension.
Swedish MassageOne of the most common massage styles; a Swedish massage is typically the type of massage that comes to mind when we think of a massage. It’s a great beginners massage. A Swedish massage is also ideal for people who experience a lot of tension, or who are sensitive to touch. Perfect for releasing muscle knots and full relaxation.
What can you expect during a Swedish massage?They last 30 or 60 minutes here at Worthingtons. Your massage therapist will use long sweeping motions usually at the beginning and end of the massage. They’ll also use a combination of muscle kneading and rolling to work on those knots. Also be prepared to experience friction, where deep pressure is applied with fingertips and knuckles in a particular spot. Not forgetting the stereotypical movements of a Swedish massage, rhythmic tapping. Rhythmic tapping involves fast movements, the typical chopping motion we associate with massages. If you find any of those movements or pressure uncomfortable or not relaxing just let your therapist know so they can tailor your massage to you.
Hot Stones Massage StylesBest for those with muscle pain, especially if it’s intense and a Swedish massage isn’t enough for relief. It’s also a great massage for relaxation. Think of a hot stones massage as a slightly more intense Swedish massage with the addition of hot stones. Did you know that it can also improve blood flow? Again, here at Worthingtons you can choose between a 30 minute or 60 minute session.
But what do you experience during a hot stones massage?Heated stones are placed on different areas of your body. Your therapist will then use a hot stone to continue to massage your body using techniques similar to a Swedish massage.
Aromatherapy MassageLike every massage, you will experience relief from muscle pain and tension. Aromatherapy is perfect for those who want a more emotionally healing component to their massage. This is great for boosting your mood and reducing stress and anxiety. Expect a 30 or 60 minute full body massage session for ultimate relaxation. Your therapist will use a combination of gentle pressure with essential oils. If you have a preference for an essential oil just let your therapist know. Otherwise they’ll pick the oil they think will be best for you.
Indian Head MassageA massage that aims to rebalance the body’s energies. It’s an ancient therapeutic treatment that uses accupressure massage techniques on the head, face, neck and shoulders.
What benefits can you expect from an indian head massage?It can make you feel serene while improving blood flow in your upper body. Aches and pains in your neck, shoulders and back will be relieved. It’s also great for improving your hair texture and encouraging your hair to grow.
Holistic MassageHolistic massage focusses not only on your body but your mind aswell. Therapeutic touch is used to relieve your entire physical body of stress and tension as well as aiding lymphatic drainage. Through this release of physical stress you will experience full relaxation helping you to clear your mind.
What are the benefits of an Holistic massage?Improving blood flow and quality of sleep are the main benefits of an holistic massage.
Book now…So, there you have it, our massage styles explained to help you discover the technique that’s best for you. If you need any further guidance on making a decision, we’d love to chat to you. Just call us on 0118 983 2964 or book online.
The perfect manicure can be the cherry on top of any outfit. We all want immaculately shaped and polished nails, but their upkeep can be a bit offputting can’t it? A lick of polish might get you through a night out but what happens when you chip it the morning after. And don’t even get us started on chipping a nail. There’s a way around this seemingly neverending cycle of having perfect nails one minute and tired nails the next. Shellac (or gel) nails are the answer. We’re so thankful that this trend came around, gel nails are a real asset to the manicure tool box.
What Exactly Are Shellac / Gel Nails?So what are shellac nails? Created by CND, you use UV or LED light to cure and harden the shellac polish to achieve a hard wearing and glossy manicure. We know it sounds appealing so we’re arming you with all of the shellac gel nail facts you should know before getting your manicure (or pedicure!)
Gel Nail Facts You Might Not Know
They’re long lastingOne of the best things about shellac manicures is how long they last! If you’re hard on your nails, or they take a little bit of a beating in your day to day life, gels are a godsend also. They typically last two to three weeks. They can last longer if they don’t become worn. The only thing that will make you want to get back to the salon is your nail regrowth.
Start off with healthy nailsThere’s a big myth that shellac actually damages your nails – but it doesn’t. As long as you start off with healthy nails, your nails will stay in great condition. Keep your cuticles healthy and hydrated with oil!
Always get them removed professionallyThe only risk to your nails is the removal process. Removal of shellac can have an effect on your nail beds so it is essential it gets removed by a professional carefully. So stop peeling your gel manicure off, this is the number one reason why people’s nails become damaged by shellac.
No beetles in sightIt isn’t made from bugs! All CND Shellac polish is synthetic and isn’t made from beetles. Shellac is just the name they use for trading.
Gel Nail Trends
Tortoiseshell to nails is what snake print is to fashion in 2019We see snake, zebra and leopard print everywhere but we rarely see tortoiseshell. We only ever really spy it in accessories here and there. So why not make it the ultimate accessory and put it on your nails? Turn heads with your tortoiseshell.
A nail trend that we think is totally out of this world#ConstellationNails has been taking Instagram by storm in a number of manifestations. From pretty pastels to girly glitters and this simple but striking dark polish. Astrology is certainly having its moment in every medium, even nails, and we love it. Excuse us while we go and get our zodiac constellation painted on our nails stat.
Sometimes it’s nice to take a break from the super glossyA matte offers up a chic alternative manicure. The no-shine polish gives off super sophisticated vibes. It may be a simple design but it is the solution for the perfect modern mani and it is anything but boring.
Can’t decide on a shade? Choose them all!We know how hard it can be to decide what colour polish to go for, so why not go for a gradient? You’re sitting in the salon and you know you want to go purple but you don’t know what shade. Just go for all of them! Maybe not all, but a beautiful selection to bring you from light to dark across each hand.
Glitter is only for Christmas, said no one everNo one can stop a girl from wearing glitter all year round, especially not on her nails. You can go for seemingly less holiday themed glitter during the other eleven months of the year. Offset the glitter with more seasonal shades or nudes. Maybe even stick to just a few accent nails to subtly slip the glitter into your mani like the photo above.
Whether you’re looking to completely change up your look or just want a subtle change it’s hard to know where to start when it comes to your hair. From rich brunettes to pretty pastels, bold brights and beautiful blondes, we’ve rounded up the top 10 hair colour trends you should look out for in 2019 for a little inspiration.
Hair Colour Trends To Look Out For
1. The Mallen StreakTaking inspiration from those with a natural white streak that frames their face. People are making the mallen streak more wearable. Their subtle take on the naturally white mallen streak is to highlight the hair that frames their face.
2. OpalescenceBlend a soft mix of pinks and purples together to create this dreamy rainbow opal shade. You can take this trend in a more muted silver direction or a slightly more rainbow one. Try this one if you’re looking for something a bit more than a pastel dye job but don’t want to go full bright unicorn.
3. Rose BrownRemember rose gold hair? We’re introducing you to rose brown. One for those who don’t want to go lighter but still want to add some warmth to their darker locks. Again, you can go a lot more subtle or crazy with this trend. Add just a slight smoky purple/pink tint to your hair or go all out.
4. Shadow HairLooking for that low maintenance blonde? We’ve got you. Not only is shadow hair low maintenance but it offers a more multi-dimensional colour. If you want something a little more natural, the combination of highlights, lowlights and babylights alongside the shadow root creates a beautiful colour that isn’t flat. The addition of a shadow root means you can even go 4-6 months without a touch up (depending on your maintenance preference) – amazing right? This is one of our favourite hair colour trends.
5. Gem RootsCompletely bucking the shadow root trend we’ve got gem roots taking Instagram by storm. Omitting colour from the lengths but adding it into the roots, why not? We love this unique hair colour trend! Of course it comes with a little more maintenance but it’s worth it to make such a vibrant statement. Go as pastel or as bright as you want with this trend.
6. Strawberry BlondeStrawberry blonde is copper’s blonde sister. The lighter companion is being made cool again by Emma Stone. There was a time where no one wanted to be strawberry blonde (for the fear of being called ginger). We think it’s super sophisticated and a nice warmer twist on a simple blonde for the summer!
7. Faded PastelPastel hair has been around for years now, so what’s the 2019 update on this pretty look? Faded. The washed out look gives the hair a more lived in cool girl vibe. It’s more of a wash of colour rather than a full saturated pastel. A little less commitment comes with this lighter hue.
8. Cool BrunetteEmily Ratajkowski shows us how to wear brunette in 2019. Forget mousy browns, this ashy and cool (in every sense of the word) brown is what you should aim for when updating your brown this year. The subtle highlights add depth and dimension to the hair keeping it fresh and looking natural.
9. Living CoralPantone’s colour of the year for 2019 is Living Coral and we’ve seen it crossover into the hair world too. Julia Roberts updated her blonde locks to this coral hue, and we’re living for it. It’s not quite a pastel shade and it’s a little more than a strawberry blonde. The perfect unique inbetween.
10. Jet BlackMade popular by a certain Kardashian/Jenner family this dark hue isn’t going to go out of style anytime soon. Sophisticated and sexy, everyone wants to give the sleek jet black look a go. If it’s good enough for Kim, it’s good enough for us right?
So you want a new look. A change of hairstyle can be the cherry on the cake and the baseline for a switch up of your style. Are you’re going for a full rebrand with an entire new wardrobe, or just spicing up your existing look with a slick chop? You could spend hours Google image searching men’s hairstyles. Maybe even take a peek at hair trends on your girlfriend’s Pinterest. It’s likely that you’re going to be thrown a whole bunch of images your way. But what is cool and what even is that hairstyle called?